The Village of Westport, Established 1904. “The Heart of Rideau Lakes!”
Incorporated in 1904, the Village of Westport is part of the United Counties of Leeds & Grenville in Eastern Ontario. Known as “The Heart of Rideau Lakes”, it is found at the west end of Upper Rideau Lake on the historic Rideau Canal waterway between Kingston and Ottawa – which was recently named a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Westport is also part of the UNESCO-recognized Frontenac Arch Biosphere Reserve, an ecosystem promoting solutions to reconcile the conservation of biodiversity with sustainable use.